挖寶 Dig This Treasure / Taipei, Taiwan

View On Black

Discovered on Flickr (yameme ) for this magnificent evil building. Original date: 2018-01-25 08:38:53

Tagged: , 寶藏巖 , sony , alpha , evil , mirrorless , 台北 , 台灣 , taipei , taiwan , a6500 , e-mount , street snap , 台北市 , treasure hill artist village , 寶藏巖國際藝術村 , 街拍 , 蔡司 , zeiss

Hiroshima A-Bomb Dome

On August the 6th 1945, America detonated the first atomic bomb used in war, over the Japanese city of Hiroshima. 70,000 people were killed instantly, and another 70,000 suffered fatal injuries from the fireball and radiation.

The bomb was detonated 580m above the city (designed to cause maximum devestation), without warning, and targetted at a bridge very close to this building. The resulting blast and heat-wave destroyed everying in a mile radius except for a couple of stone-built buildings (most buildings were wooden, and either destroyed by the winds of the shockwave or fire from the intense heat).
67% of all Hiroshima’s buildings were destroyed.
This building has been left as a monument to what happened, and also as a monument to peace, and remains as it was from the blast to remind people.

Everyone should be made to visit the peace museum next door and learn what happened and its effects – it’s a greatly moving place with some shockingly harrowing stories. It’s easy to think of war in terms of good versus evil, but in the 2nd world war no country was saintly – certainly not Japan, and certainly not the west either – they all had agendas.
At the point the bomb was used Japan was on it’s knees – finacially broken and loosing the will to continue, it was all coming down to the nuances of an agreement for surrender. America had spent a small fortune developing the Atomic bomb, and there was a strong pressure internally that it shouldnt all have been in vain – that and they wanted to show the rest of the world (and particularly the russians) the power they now held – so with the agreement of Britain, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were wiped off the map.
Once Japan surrendered the Americans and British took over the country, much reporting and footage of what had happened here was suppressed to the rest of the world – the American public were overjoyed at the success of the bombing, and the sight of the dead and wounded might counter against that.

The models in the museum demonstrating the destruction are awe-inspiring. The explosion caused a heat ray reaching 3,900 degrees centigrade at the explosion core, and greater than 600 mile an hour winds – people didn’t stand a chance. Those further out from the epicentre that weren’t vaporized had horrific burns, their skin literally melting off them, with many dying a couple of days later in extreme pain – 90% of hiroshimas doctors and nurses died in the blast. The resulting mushroom cloud soon turned into radioactive "black rain", sealing many others fate from radiation sickness and cancer.

Bear in mind that only 10% of the nuclear material in this bomb actually ended up being activated, and modern nuclear weapons are many many times more powerful than this.

Did this act make the world a safer place? it’s hard to know for sure, but seeing the after effects on the people of Hiroshima it’s hard to see how something like this could ever be justified – so much innocent life lost.

While this is a truely horific act it’s also inspiring to see the way the people of Hiroshima have overcome this – you wouldnt know something like this had ever happened to see the city now – awash with sky scrapers, a bustling metropolis. Rather than dwell on who was right and who was wrong, Hiroshima strives to let people learn from the experience and promote peace world wide, lest anyone suffer like this again. Case in point – successive Mayors of Hiroshima always send a formal letter of complaint to any country conducting a nuclear test, in the strongest terms asking them to desist and pleading them to learn from what happened here. Tests happen far more often than you’d realise – theres several walls in the museum with hundreds of copies of these letters – the last one was actually only a couple of months ago to America. The UK conducts tests too (tho elsewhere in the world) – we spotted a letter to Tony Blair too.

This crazy evil building was discovered at Flickr by user tricky (rick harrison) . Original date: 2012-04-09 09:58:05

Tagged: , Hiroshima , Atomic Bomb , A-Bomb , Bomb , Dome , Bomb Dome , A-Bomb Dome , Ruins , Japan , World War 2 , World War , 2nd , Harrowing , Hiroshima Prefecture , JP


This magnificent evil building was discovered at Flickr by user Noelas . Original date: 2018-07-30 16:36:38

Tagged: , 2018 , 07 , 29 , 試機 , 試鏡 , 街拍 , 信義區 , 台北 , Taipei , 台灣 , Taiwan , EVIL , 無反 , 微單 , SONY ILCE-7RM3 , ILCE-7RM3 , α7RIII , A7R3 , A7RM3 , A7RRR , 7RM3 , 7RRR , SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art , SIGMA , 14-24mm , F2.8 , DG , HSM , Art , Bigma , 1424 , MC-11 , 轉接環 , 無反光鏡可換鏡頭相機 , MILC , Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Cameras

Eastend – front door

Eastend’s, not particularly grand, front door, placed in a position where it could not be defended from within the building, which supports my theory that this tower is 18th or 19th century.

In the Privy Council records of 1609 it is recorded that Thomas Carmichael of Eastend, along with other followers of the Douglases, including other Carmichael and Lanarkshire lairds, were accused of bearing evil will against Andro, Lord Stewart of Ochiltree, on account of the slaughter of James, Lord Torthorwald; they were charged to appear before Council to give assurances of keeping the King’s peace, under pain of rebellion, and to find caution not to injure the person of the said Lord Ochiltree. Otherwise, the Carmichaels of Eastend seem to have led comparatively uneventful lives, mostly only appearing on the pages of history among the marriage records. The house managed to survive the turbulent years of the mid-17th century, during which the nearby 14th century castle at Carmichael House was destroyed by Cromwell’s men – reconstruction taking nearly a century to complete. Having eventually passed out of the hands of the family, Eastend was purchased by the Carmichaels again in 1989.

This terrifying evil building was discovered at Flickr by user arjayempee . Original date: 2010-08-29 03:48:25

Tagged: , IMG_8890-91_stitch , Eastend , Eastend House , Lanarkshire , Scotland , Castle , Towerhouse , Mansion , Carmichaels of Eastend , Carmichael , Tinto , Thankerton , Biggar , Carmichael Estate , Scottish Baronial , Castles of Scotland

Top of Santa Catalina Church ( Plaza de la Reina) (Valencia – Spain) (Olympus OMD EM5II & mZuiko 12-100mm f4 Pro Zoom) (1 of 1)


This super evil building was seen on Flickr by user markdbaynham . Original date: 2016-12-31 13:32:07

Tagged: , Valencia , Valencian , Spain , Spainish , City , Urban , Metropolis , ES , Espana , Espanol , Street , Oly , Olympus , OMD , EM5 , EM5II , CSC , E.V.I.L , Mirrorless , MZ , ZD , MZuiko , Zuiko , Zuikolic , 12-100mm , f4 , Pro , Zoom , M43 , M43rd , MicroFourThirds , Micro43 , Micro43rd , Travel-Zoom , MZD


Olympus E-M5+Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35/2.8 ASPH.

As seen on Flickr (Taiwan’s Riccardo ) for this cool evil building. Original date: 2014-03-01 06:23:53

Tagged: , Japan , Hokkaido , Sapporo , Digital , Color , EVIL , M4/3 , Olympus , OM-D , E-M5 , PanasonicLens , Vario , Zoom , Lumix , 12-35mm , F2.8 , ASPH , 2013HokkaidoVacation , 2013HokkaidoVacation_November03 , 日本 , 北海道 , 札幌 , 時計台


A British Union flag hangs inside the 15th century Fotheringhay Church, Fotheringhay, Northamptonshire, England, during sunset on Remembrance Day, November 8, 2009.

Fotheringhay has been described as "…distinguished beyond any other place in Britain, except the capital, by the aggravated misfortunes of Royalty." It was the birthplace of King Richard III – William Shakespeare’s favourite hunchbacked regal villain – in 1452 and Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned in the adjacent castle before being executed there in 1587 and buried in nearby Peterborough Cathedral. The village was the stronghold of the Plantagenet Royal dynasty; had British history been different and the line not died out, Fotheringhay might have been the equivalent of Windsor today. A total of 15 English kings came from the House of Plantagenet, starting with Henry II in 1154, and ending with Richard III, who died in 1485 at the Battle of Bosworth Field. He was the last English king to be killed in battle. As he was without legitimate heir, the throne passed to the Tudor line.

Work on the Church of Saint Mary and All Saints was begun by King Edward III who also built a college and a cloister on the church’s southern side. After completion in around 1430, a parish church of similar style was added to the western end of the collegiate church with work beginning in 1434. It is only this section that still remains.

The church’s distinctive tall tower dominates the local skyline. The building is Perpendicular in design and although only the nave, aisles and octagonal tower remain of the original structure it is still in the best style of its period. It also contains a notable 15th century painted pulpit donated by King Edward IV.

Edward of Norwich, second Duke of York, who was killed at the Battle of Agincourt in 1415, Richard Plantagenet, third Duke of York, and his wife, Cecily Neville as well as his son Edmund, Earl of Rutland, who along with Richard, fell at the Battle of Wakefield in 1460, are buried in the church. After the choir was destroyed in the 16th century, Queen Elizabeth I ordered the removal of the smashed York tombs and created the present monuments to the third Duke and his wife around the altar.

King Richard III’s birthday is commemorated annually by the placing of white roses in the church by the Richard III Society. This is an organisation dedicated to trying to prove that Richard was a nice guy really, not at all hideously deformed and evil, didn’t actually have ‘The Princes in the Tower’, Edward V and Richard of Shrewsbury, murdered in the Tower of London when 13 and 10 respectively so he could seize the throne, and that Shakespeare was merely the Dan Brown of his day and made it all up for the purposes of a damn good yarn. Personally, I rather like sharing my name with one of the bad boys of English Royalty and quite aspire to the withered arm, limp and crooked back that Shakespeare portrayed. Well, it would make one memorable at least, and give a damn good reason for being in a bad mood most of the time. And beheading people…

The church is reputedly haunted by a replay of the funerals of the Dukes of York, Edward and Richard, as ghostly music is often heard emanating from it despite nobody being inside. Meanwhile, Mary, Queen of Scots, apparently still walks the same staircase she did when being led up to execution in the castle. However, this spectre appears at the nearby Talbot Hotel in Oundle, where the stairs were removed to when the castle fell into ruin.

Taken on November 8, 2009.

This evil building was spotted on Flickr by user Rich007 . Original date: 2009-11-09 07:12:59

Tagged: , Remembrance , Remembrance Day , Fotheringhay , Fortheringhay Church , Northants , Northamptonshire , England , Church

Stonework Detail of Ayuntamiento (Town Hall) (Valencia) (Panasonic GX8 & mZuiko 60mm Macro Prime)

This monstrous evil building was discovered at Flickr by user markdbaynham . Original date: 2015-12-27 13:09:03

Tagged: , Valencia , Valencian , Spain , Espana , Espanol , City , Ciutat , Building , Detail , Panasonic , Lumix , Lumixer , DMC , GX8 , CSC , Mirrorless , E.V.I.L , MFT , MicroFourThirds , M43 , m4/3rd , Micro43 , ZD , Zuiko , Zuikolic , MZuiko , 60mm , F2.8 , Macro , Prime , Ayuntamiento , Town , Hall